Rules for the Town
In order to protect property values and the Town’s quality of life, code enforcement is taken very seriously in Sewall’s Point. The “municipal code” link provides all the details about the laws.
Some of the important issues are:
- Overnight parking is not allowed on streets or rights-of-way
- Trucks with a curb weight of more than 5,000 lbs. must be garaged or completely concealed from view after 5 PM
- Boats must be completely concealed from view at all times
- Contractors: 8 AM to 5 PM, Mondays through Saturdays.
- Residents: 8 AM to 8 PM, Mondays through Saturdays and Sundays frm 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Noise levels cannot be over 80 decibels after 5 PM
- Please be considerate of your neighbors when performing work during these hours
- Containers can be placed curbside no sooner than 5:00 P.M. before scheduled pick up on Mondays and Thursdays and
- Containers must be removed no later than midnight the day of pickup
- Vegetative waste must be bundled or containerized and can be curbside no earlier than 24 hours before pickup on Wednesdays
- Residents with odd-numbered street addresses may water on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Residents with even-numbered street addresses may water on Thursdays and Sundays
- Times for both are limited to 12 AM to 10 AM and/or 4 PM to 11:59 PM
- Permits are issued at Town Hall
- Permits are required for all construction activity
- Minor repairs approved by the Building Official may not need a permit, but…
- ALWAYS check first with the Building Department.
Tree Removal Permits
- YOU MUST have a permit to remove any tree with a caliper of 2” or more
- Heavy trimming of trees (called “hat racking”) IS deemed to be effective removal
- ALWAYS visit the building department in Town Hall before doing any significant tree work or if you have any questions
- Each household may have no more than three animals (dogs and/or cats) that are more than six months old
- Dogs must be leashed if off the owner’s property
- YOU MUST pick-up the waste from your animal, it is the law!
- You may register your pet(s) at the Police Department; please bring a picture of your pet(s) when you register
Prohibited species of plants include:
- Brazilian Pepper
- Australian Pine
- Carrotwood Trees
Limited exceptions exist; please check with the Building Department.