Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Grants administrative variance for building encroachments based on certain criteria
- Hears and decides where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the building department, building official or other town officer pursuant to the provisions or enforcement of this chapter
- Interprets the zoning map in cases of uncertainty and can fix the exact location of boundaries, pursuant to the provisions of this division relating to administrative review
- All matters decided by majority vote
- All meetings are open to the public and are held at the Town Hall
- Consists of five members who are appointed by the Town Commission; two alternate members who are also appointed by the Town Commission
- Members must live in the Town of Sewall’s Point
- Regular members cannot hold an elective public office or be a public employee or a public official
- Vacancies for unexpired terms of members are filled by the Town Commission
- For more information, CLICK HERE to go to the Town’s Municipal Code.
For BZA Resolutions, CLICK HERE.
More information about the Board of Zoning Adjustments can be found in the Town’s Municipal Code: