Town of Sewall’s Point
Commission Meeting Audio and Decision
April 25, 2017
CALL TO ORDER 7:01 PM
Pledge of Allegiance 7:01 PM
Moment of Silence
Present: Mayor James W. Campo, Vice Mayor Paul Luger, Commissioner Vinny Barile, Commissioner Frank Fender, Commissioner Dan Morris (absent), Town Manager Pamela M. Walker, Town Attorney Glen Torcivia and Town Clerk Lakisha Burch.
Additions, Deletions or Changes to the Agenda 7:02 PM
1. Financial Reports
2. Meeting Minutes
3. Building Activity Report
4. Police Activity Report
5. Arbor Day Proclamation
6. Florida Association of City Clerks (FACC) Proclamation
7. Authorize Expenditure to Replace Town Commons Fountain
COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS 7:05 PM
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS 7:06 PM
Mayor Campo stated that the Town Manager could leave the dais while her contract is discussed by the Commission and Town Manager Walker responded she will remain during the discussion.
There was public comment.
PRESENTATIONS 7:07 PM
8. Officer of the Year: John Shinkunas
Police Chief Ciechanowski presented Officer John Shinkunas with the Officer of the Year.
DISCUSSION 7:15 PM
9. Town Manager Contract Extension Terms
Town Attorney Torcivia presented the item to the Commission. There was discussion among the Commission
10. Lobbyist for Legislative Appropriations 8:29 PM
11. Second Reading: Ordinance No. 409 Establishing a Moratorium on Medical Marijuana Dispensing Facilities 8:34 PM
Town Attorney read Ordinance into record.
Motion: To approve Ordinance No. 409, Action: Approve, Moved by Commissioner Frank Fender, Seconded by Commissioner Vinny Barile. Motion passed unanimously.
12. First Reading : Ordinance No. 410 Rental Dwelling Units 8:36 PM
Town Attorney read Ordinance into record. 8:39 PM Motion: to table this item until May, Action: Adjourn, Moved by Vice Mayor Paul Luger, Seconded by Commissioner Vinny Barile. Motion passed unanimously.
13. First Reading: Ordinance No. 411 Naming Rights
Town Attorney read Ordinance into record. Motion: to approve by Vice Mayor Luger Seconded by Commissioner Fender to approve with amendments described. Motion passed unanimously.
14. 9:02 PM Add on Resolution regarding Septic Conversion MOU with Martin County. The Mayor introduced the item; the Town Manager discussed the process. The Town Engineer made a presentation. The Commission discussed the issue. Kathy Miscokis made a comment.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Phyllis Castro made a comment.
COMMISSIONERS OR STAFF COMMENTS
There were no comments.
ADJOURN 9:44 PM.