Town of Sewall’s Point
Audio and Decision from Commission Meeting
May 24, 2016
CALL TO ORDER 7:01 PM
Pledge of Allegiance
Roll Call 7:01 PM
Present: Mayor Dan Morris, Vice-Mayor James W. Campo, Commissioner Vincent N. Barile, Commissioner Paul Luger, Commissioner Jacqui Thurlow-Lippisch, Town Manager Pamela M. Walker, Town Attorney Glen T. Torcivia and Town Clerk Lakisha Burch.
Additions, Deletions or Changes to the Agenda 7:02 PM
Mayor Morris asked that the Fire Consolidation be moved from Commissioner and Staff comments to discussion after Police Radio Update. Town Manager Walker asked that the Attorney Client Session be removed from the agenda and additional presentation for Mr. Joe Capera.
Motion: To approve the changes to the agenda. Action: Approve, Moved by Paul Luger, Seconded by Vice-Mayor James W. Campo. Motion passed unanimously.
1. Financial Reports
2. Meeting Minutes
Motion: To approve the Consent Agenda., Action: Approve, Moved by Vice-Mayor James W. Campo, Seconded by Commissioner Paul Luger. Motion passed unanimously.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS 7:04 PM
Please submit a comment card to the Town Clerk and limit your comments to three (3) minutes.
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
3. Officer Scott Donlon Retirement Proclamation
Mayor Morris read the Proclamation in appreciation to Officer Scott Donlon.
Police Chief Ciechanowski presented Officer Donlon with his service revolver and badge.
4. Notice of Qualifying and Election Proclamation
Mayor Morris read the Proclamation of the Notice of Qualifying and Election into record.
5. Resolution No. 830 Adopt Budget Amendment for Accounting Services and Flood Insurance
Town Manager Walker presented the item to the Commission.
Motion to approve Resolution No. 830 adopting the Budget Amendment for Accounting Services and Flood Insurance. Motion moved by Commissioner Luger, seconded by Commissioner Thurlow-Lippisch. Motion carried unanimously.
6. FY 2014-2015 Audit 7:18 PM
Mr. McBee presented the Audit to the Commission.
Motion to approve the FY 2014-2015 audit. Action: Approved, Moved by Vice-Mayor Campo, seconded by Commissioner Thurlow-Lippisch. Motion passed unanimously.
7. A Zone (Flood Ordinance) and FEMA Update 7:37 PM
John Adams, Building Official, presented the item to the Commission. Commissioner Luger and Thurlow-Lippisch expressed their concerns. Commissioner Thurlow-Lippisch asked that this be discussed in a workshop.
8. Police Radio Upgrade 8:34 PM
Police Chief Ciechanowski presented the item to the Commission.
ATTORNEY CLIENT SESSION-Removed from the agenda (Postponed)
NOTE: Meeting will be recessed for Attorney Client Session which will be recorded by a court reporter and available at the conclusion of the litigation.
9. Attorney client session pursuant to Section 286.011(8), Florida Statutes, to discuss strategy related to litigation expenditures and/or settlement negotiations in 122 South Sewall’s Point, LLC, Florida Limited Liability Company, Plaintiff, v. Town of Sewall’s Point, a Florida municipal corporation, Defendant, in the Circuit Court of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit in and for Martin County, Florida, Case No. 14-879 CA
ATTENDEES: Mayor Morris, Vice-Mayor Campo, Commissioners Barile, Luger and Thurlow-Lippisch, Town Manager Walker, Town Attorneys Stearns, Martinez and Ansay
NOTE: Meeting will be reconvened at conclusion of Attorney Client Session.
10. Action Items (if any) Stemming from Attorney Client Session
11. Fire Consolidation 8:42 PM
Town Manager Walker gave an update of the Fire Consolidation regarding the County. There was discussion among the Commission.
COMMISSIONERS OR STAFF COMMENTS
12. Investment Policy 9:05 PM
Vice-Mayor Campo gave an update.
13. Harbour Bay Plaza 9:09 PM
Town Manager Walker gave an update on the new owners of the Shopping center.
Mayor Morris thanked all the Commission for all who came to the Police Ceremony.
Town Manager asked Commissioners to send their summer schedules.
ADJOURN 9:54 PM